Friday, July 11, 2008

The Acoustics of International Gems.

Recently I've been listening to some international bands..I usually adapt my taste to the local Sydney bands but I'm finding beauty, lullaby, power, sanctuary, romance and creativeness that I do not experience and cannot find within the music of the Sydney indie scene. I love Sydney music, don't get me wrong, but I have a transcended appreciation for music when I listen to these bands from other locations in the world:

*The Album Leaf (California, USA)




*Seabear (Reykjavik, Iceland)




*Sea Wolf (LA, USA)




*múm (Finland)




*Hjaltalin (Reykjavik, Iceland)




*Amiina (Reykjavik, Iceland)




*Sigur Rós (Reykjavik, Iceland)




*Teitur (Hoyvík, Faroe Islands)




*Beirut (New Mexico, USA)




Oh swoon! Send me into a daydream when I listen to these musical gems.

No comments: